Thursday, December 4, 2008

Taste and see Thursday

Today I'm excited to post a recipe, finally. I have enjoyed doing this and I hope to make it done on Thursdays again! So much has been going on and as always their isn't enough hours in a day to get all that I would love to see done. I'm okay with it as the most important things get done, and well things not so important get done a little bit slower... like laundry, Tee hee hee hee.

Today's recipe is a fun one, well it's fun if you like lots of gooey chocolate. I had this real healthy treat for breakfast once and well let's just say I probably ate all my calories for breakfast and lunch for the day. I got the recipe from Dawn Farris. For some reason she calls the recipe x bars as she got the recipe from her teenage son's x as stated. I find that funny, I think I need to name one of my recipes after someone. Preferably not any X's my husband or I have had.

I appreciate Miss Dawn, as most call her for her deep passion for children and love for God.
One thing I am thankful for about dawn is that she is honest and tells you the truth and always points you towards God with her wisdom. Thank you for all that you do, especially all the stuff that people overlook or do not ever realize you do for children's ministry. Great is your reward someday that you may be able to lay that crown at Jesus' feet as you served your life to the fullest for Him. As, I'm almost tearing up writing this.. I love using verses to describe the people I write about on Thursdays. One of the first ones that comes to mine is " As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"- Proverbs 27:17.
Thanks also for being a friend and allowing me to text you like a zillion times for really no reason at all, or just to show you what I'm making for supper!


X bars
by Dawn


MIX at low speed until crumbly:
1 yellow cake mix
1/3 cup softened margarine
1 egg

Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan

Bake at 350 about 15 minutes

Put enough mini marshmallows on to cover the cake and then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.

While the cake is baking:
Stir & Heat:
2/3 c corn syrup
1/4 c butter or marg.
2 t vanilla
12 oz choc chips

When the chips are melted, remove from heat and add"
2 cups Rice Krispies

Stir it up and top the marshmallowey cake with the chocolate goodness, spreading to cover.
Refrigerate about 1 hour to set.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Sound like something I will put Jason to fixing. He loves to cook.

Hugs
Debra

ebshelt said...

Hey Tara! I found your blog the other day and enjoy reading it. I just tried out this recipe to take to a Christmas party tonight. It looks yummy!
-Emily