Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taste and see that the Lord is good....Thursday







Today's recipe is one of my new little bars that people just rave over. I suppose it is because it's kinda a comfort type food, rice crispies with a twist to it. I first had this tasty recipe at the Ivy Bakeshope. If you love all girlie food and divine desserts you would love that place. Little did I know they had a cookbook of all their famous recipes. My friend Heather copied this recipe for me, but that did not do it justice.. I had to have the entire cookbook. I love cookbooks, I have lots of them, rarely use all of them. You know how that goes, you have your favorites in one particular book and you kinda just stay with it. The Ivy Bakeshop cookbook is going to be one of my favorites, I just know it, as everything I have tried is simply divine. Okay so I like that word today! Divine, Divine, Divine.


Caramel Rice Krispies Bar

Carmel

1 (14 oz) bag caramels, unwrapped

1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1 stick butter

Rice Krispies

1/2 sticks butter, divided

10 cups mini marshmallows, divided

10 cups Rice Krispies, divided

Place caramels, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a bowl and microwave for 3 minuts. Stir until smooth, returning to microwave if not yet melted; set aside to cool.

In another bowl, melt 6 tablespoons of butter with 4 cups of marshmallows for 70 seconds. Stir until smooth and then pour over 5 cups of the cereal; stir until cereal is coated. Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch glass dish.

Sprinkle 2 cups of marshmallows on the top of the cereal mixture. Carefully pour caramel mixture over the marshmallows; refrigerate to set up. Repeat second layer of cereal mixture, using the rest of the butter, marshmallows, and cereal. Place second layer of Rice Krispies mixture on top of caramel layer; chill until firm. Makes lots.





No comments: