Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The little things

You know sometimes I'm just great at little things.. like keeping the dishes clean, (not put away) and laundry, I'm the queen of starting it and then not finishing it for awhile. Why is that??

I think I'm sometimes just ADD with it...I'm one of those that walk to the basement to get a specific something and then go down there, start some laundry that I never finished from earlier, pick up some toy the kids left out and the W-H-A-M.........

I remember I'm suppose to get something from the downstairs... ( I store lots of kitchen items down there and tons of who knows what on shelves). So what do I do...... I go back up the stairs to figure out what I forgot downstairs in the first place. Hmmmm am I getting that old that my memory is only about 2 minutes long for my short term? Hmmmm...............sometimes I remember what it is I was looking for, but more often than not I forget.

I usually shrug it off. One thing I can't shrug off and it really really annoys my husband is when I lose something. I think I turn green, red, and purple all at the same time. It is my loss of control that really bugs me. You know you can't find that one certain paper that you know was their like 2 days ago. I don't like to not be in control. Hmmm I think God has had some talks with me about this subject.

At any rate, I do know I'm not the best of at control and I do know that when I let go and let God, things are smoother. I have definitely felt like the fool in Proverbs 29:11 which says
" A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control"

Although I can still get very impatient you know trying my way to find things, God is again trying to lovingly tell me that it doesn't matter.. and I often see it later after my mess up of what I could of done different. As I read through the proverbs I am thankful for all the wisdom.

I pray that God you will give me your eyes so I can see You and work through things I'm not always good at. I keep missing things and I want to not miss those things.. even the little things that happen throughout the day. Please let me see your people as you do. Please give me eyes to see, arms to hold and a heart to pour out ... In your name.

Tara .....who just read Proverbs 16:32 & 17:1 and thinks she should apply that also to what she just wrote.... Hmmmmm

No comments: