Sunday, October 12, 2008

My thankful list

Okay as I am writing I am avoiding responsibility. I should right now be doing something... ya know the L word. I'll spell it out for you .. L-A-U-N-D-R-Y. But I am avoiding it by reading blogs, writing blogs and everything in between , like googling the sound a cicada.
I think when a stay at home mom has some alone time it's like one big party. Sometimes I like to do the folding of the laundry... today I'm going to put if off for awhile.
Okay so what I really want to write about is not really anything ordinary like laundry but things I'm thankful for this week:


  • I'm thankful for God stiring in me a desire to serve him

  • A long walk yesterday, great reflection

  • Family time making smores

  • Drew counting... it's so cute

  • Real genuine friendships

  • What and how God uses my daily quiet time to teach me and apply God's word to some area of my life.

  • The beauty in Fall, cool nights, warm afternoons, windows open ( and the birds haven't been waking me up... Yes!

  • The Christian music channel on my T.V.

Okay that's my thankful list... what are you thankful for this week?

6 comments:

The Grothaus Gang said...

I am thankful for making a TERRIFIC friend who encourages me and gets me out of the house!

Tara said...

ahh I'm thankful for you too and our new friendship!!

Debra said...

I love your list. It is great to read others lists.

Hugs
Debra and Hope

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Well, I'm thankful that you took the time to comment on my post at Internet Cafe today! Thank you!

April (Houk) Sumner said...

Today, I am thankful for...

getting things done, cooler weather today, hanging out with my sister, having easy hair, God's faithfulness, the book of Daniel,
getting a free cappuccino, gum, perfume... I could keep going...

Disco Mom said...

Hi Tara - It's Trish. Jill sent me the link to your blog. Well, I'm thankful for dependable cars, a warm house, and enough cash to get through the week :)