Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Thankful List

I am so thankful this week I could just squeak or maybe just hug somebody! I have thought a lot about what I am thankful for this week. In fact I prayed/ reflected on it today on the treadmill for like the entire afternoon.

1. I'm thankful for my great run and talk with God today. I am realizing God's way is easier than my way in things.

2. I'm so thankful for laughter. I've been doing that a lot here lately with the family, at myself, and with these dear old ladies the other day. I'm still laughing about their stories even right now!

3. I'm thankful for my new book Tender Grace by Jackina Stark. She is an old professor of mine and she really paints a portrait in her book that is so much needed right now in my life. I'm so thankful I had the entire afternoon yesterday to just get lost in it with a box of Kleenex's. Almost done!

4. I'm thankful for the flattery my friend Jill Ralph gave me! Thank-you beary much!

5. I'm thankful for great reminders in God's word this week. Here's a little version of my Psalm 130 in my own words. Lord you hear me even when no one else does. You love me and don't count things against me. You are feared as you are the one who forgives me. I wait for the Lord, my soul will wait- put my hope in You- that's all that matters. With God's unfailing love there is great redemption, you buy us back because we have originally belonged to you. I love you. Tara

6. I'm thankful for real conversations with friends, not just instant messenging. Although I do love that. I'm just wondering if I'm avoiding real conversation by texting. So all you beware I'm going to be calling :)

7. I'm thankful for Dawn for organizing a fun ladies bunco night!

8.Thankful for each of you reading this. I do hope that you are moved to reflect some things you are thankful for this week.

9. Now for my shallow thankfulness: Girl scout cookies, tac0 pizza, eating on my good china, feeling great in my favorite pair of jeans, laundry folded, enjoying this season of my life!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Great list. I always love reading them and enjoy your thoughts. Hope you have a great week.

Hugs
from me.