Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taste and see that the Lord is good....Thursday

Ahhhh today's tasty recipe is a sweet one, and it comes from a southern sweet little girlie girl friend of mine. My friend Rebecca gave me this recipe, she is so funny. I attended Ozark Christian College with her and have numerous stories I could share, she is very unique and a very organized person. Everything she does is done with such diligence and 100% thought behind her perfect work. I appreciate Rebecca's thoughtfulness in making every gift she gives to have so much thought behind what she does. I pray for her everyday as just recently she sent me these cool magnets she made from clear rocks, behind each magnet she put some cute little color paper , or letters to spell out my name, a picture of a dog because she loves Herky our fox terrier, and baby feet as I had just recently had a baby, and the funny one was her behind a magnet. So thanks Rebecca, my children have tried to shallow you and ask who you are all the time. ( We are now out of the stage of everything goes to the mouth). I really think i need to start a friend journal of all the funny things/stories I remember about my friends, so when I'm in the nursing home I can look back at my life and just laugh.
I will write down Rebecca's dorm room garage sale first because you over drafted. I just recently got rid of those good deals... course they as I remember were free due to your guilt. Thanks for the laughs.


I'm not a real old fashioned custard pie person, I know my mom and her generation are but I gave this a try a few years ago .... due to the fact you can't mess it up in the blender. I found out I really like the simplicity of it, and it tasted good, and I have brought it to family functions and all the old people gobble it up. Hee Hee!

Impossible Custard Pie
By Rebecca Lamke Sas

Ingredients: 2 cups of milk, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 eggs, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 stick margarine, 1/2cup flour, 1 cup coconut ( i never put this in), and 1 tsp vanilla.

Pour all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 20 seconds then pour into a 10 inch pie tin. Do Not use a smaller pie tin. If you like sprinkle nutmeg on top. Bake at 350* for 45-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean. ( If glass pan is used, lower heat to 325*)
A crust forms on the bottom, custard in the middle and the coconut rises to the top. The pie will be puffed up when it comes out of the oven, but will drop in the center as it cools. Enjoy!

* Note: The name of this recipe is Impossible but it's really not. It's so simple!

2 comments:

Andi Hawkins said...

A. I linked you today!!!!!!!!

B. What to eat while running? This is very person-specific but usually a peanut butter and honey sandwich or banana is a good "morning of" meal. I like pasta for the night before as long as it isnt the heavy, greasy kind.

I have used, ahem, the accomadations on the course before too. Sometimes, there is no choice. Running sort of kicks things into motion know what I mean?

Can't wait to hear...

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you are using and sharing one of my favorite recipes. Your kiddos look adorable in the photos. I miss you and hope all is well...from reading your blog it looks like things are going great!