Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Thankful List

What a great week this has been and what a great God we have. As I reflect on this past week, I can't help but steal a little saying from my Lindsey's daily devotional sheet from church, this little quote was probably more for me this week than her.
Looking at individual days in our lives can be like looking at one piece of a puzzle. Only God knows what the finished picture of your life will look like. He knows where to fit each piece--each and every day that we live.

1. I am thankful for God's redeeming love, ( can you tell I love francine rivers) and that He has a plan for me.

2. I am thankful for all the ways God has surprised me this week, with prayer, friends and 2 encouraging cards that I read over and over.

3. I'm thankful that I can take burdens of others to God and not try to fix people, that is so freeing.

4. I'm thankful for my new book my friend Donna got for me, can't wait to see it, she even had the author sign it.

5. I'm thankful for a messy, cluttered house with lots of neighborhood kids laughing in it... and of course picking it up.

6. I'm thankful I have AAA, so when I locked my keys in the van at my friend Dawn's house, I didn't have to pay all my tax refund.

7. I'm really thankful for signs of spring, my flowers peeping up a little on the south side, sleeping with the window open and waking to the early birds chirp ( I know call me crazy).

8. I'm thankful for all those people this week who asked me about my running, thank you, you are thoughtful.

9. I am thankful for what God is doing in the hearts of His people. It is so encouraging to share that with others.

10. I'm thankful for so much, so much, so much.... that's a song we sing and Lindsey and i sing it so much. I'm thankful for that reminder.

11. Silly thankfulness- Dancing crazy with the kids, sarcasm with the hubs ( he is so funny), text messaging everybody (loooove it), good hair days, cold house at night so I can sleep.

12. I am thankful to God for introducing me to some awesome people before we get to Heaven! Now that's cool!

Thanks for reading, seeing and understanding my list!
Love,
Tara

1 comment:

Ms Dawn said...

Oh Ms Tara, I agree with soooo many of your thoughts. Of course, I, too, love the SO MUCH song. But the cold house. . . I have to draw the line here. I, instead, am thankful for my warm house and heated mattress pad cover. If I ever have to come and sleep over at your house, I am going to bring it with me!!!