Thursday, March 19, 2009

Taste and see that the Lord is good....Thursday

Aww what a refreshing week. I'm thinking I should post a recipe for my homemade freshly squeezed lemonade, but everyone knows how to do that, even my little people. I love today's fun fun recipe. It comes from a cookbook that I have, yet I didn't even know it was in my cookbook until my sister-in-law, Elizabeth told me about it. We both got this cookbook from our cool father-in-law ( If your reading, I'm not kissing up). So when she made these tasty bars I feel in love with the bars.
Elizabeth likes to bake lots and always shares her fun stuff with our family. Recently she's taken up making homemade cakes and frosting. She always makes great birthday cakes for her kids and spends like a gillion hours creating cool cakes. I admire that, I spend 15 minutes at Hy-Vee picking out a cake for the little people, does that count? Elizabeth is married to my husband's brother. They moved to Keokuk the year I got pregant with Lindsey and then they too had a baby the same time we did. Our kids are close in age and my kids have special bonds with the cousins. I love that.
One thing Elizabeth and I have in common is talking on the phone. We usually have a reason for calling each other but we get so distracted in our conversation that we end up forgetting why we called in the first place. Elizabeth is good at making people feel comfortable by talking, I think that's one of your gifts, even if it's just talking about silly stuff (Love it). One thing I appreciate about Elizabeth is that she helps out with communication between our family. The men in our lives do not properly communicate and we seem to get the job done. Thank you for staying on top of that. Thanks for all your goodies, fun talks and being my friend ( not just family).
Love your guts,
Tara

Can't Leave Alone Bars
by Elizabeth


1 package of white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed

In a bowl combine dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. With floured hands, press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch dish. Set remaining cake mixture aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave uncovered, on High for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Drop teaspoons of remaining cake mixture over the top. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting( if you can wait that long)
Makes 3 dozen

Enjoy
Tara

4 comments:

Tara said...

I am a dork posting this early! Enjoy ya'll!

Heather said...

Um, yeah I was wondering why it was early. Those sound so yummy! You might have to "show" me how to make them. (Really I just want you to make them and we eat them, lol)!

See you tonight!

Campbell Family said...

Ah, I love you too. Thanks for the nice things you said about me. :) I've really missed you guys since we moved. You were my social planner and always so nice to let me tag-along with you.
And truth be told, I didn't really bake until you introduced me to it by bringing so many yummy things to us. :)

Campbell Family said...

Sorry to post twice in a row but just in case you want to make them exactly how I do- only use real butter and milk chocolate chips--yummy, yummy!